Skip to main content

Templeton Domain Board (1878-1963)



  • Existence: 1878 - 1963


The Templeton Domain Board was established in 1878 with two reserves totalling 228 acres. One part of the reserve was used for grazing until the Templeton Country Club established a golf course in 1932. The Christchurch Speedway, Canterbury Car Club and NZ Whippet Racing Club also took over part of the reserve.

The Templeton Domain Board became part of the Paparua County Council in 1963. The Paparua County Council then amalgamated with Christchurch City Council in 1989.