Skip to main content

Victory Park Board (Christchurch, N.Z.)



In 1880 the Canterbury Cricket and Athletic Sports Ground Company was formed to provide Christchurch with a large sports field. This field was named Lancaster Park in 1881. In 1904 control of the park was taken over by the Canterbury Cricket Association, and in 1911 by Lancaster Park Ltd., whose name also appears later as the Lancaster Park Board of Control. In 1920 the Victory Park Board assumed control. In 1998, when Lancaster Park was renamed Jade Stadium, the Victory Park Board was replaced by Jade Stadium Ltd.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Victory Park Board records

Identifier: Arch 0659
Scope and Contents

The records of the Victory Park Board includes letterbooks, correspondence, members books and financial records. Includes records relating to Canterbury Cricket & Athletic Sports Ground Co. Ltd.

Dates: 1880-1958