Addington Public Library (Christchurch, N.Z.)
- Existence: 1918 - 1971
Addington Public Library was officially opened 11 January 1919. It stood on Lincoln Road, between Dickens Street and Parlane Street. Edward Parlane was the library's first president who served until 1930. As Addington changed demographic from residential to more industrial, the number of library subscribers fell, and in May 1969 the Council decided that Addington Public Library would close, and the new Spreydon Public Library would serve the needs of the community instead. Addington Public Library closed at the end of January 1971.