Skip to main content

Spreydon Roads Board (1864-1911)

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1864 - 1911

Biography

The Central Heathcote District Roads Board was established in 1863 with the Canterbury Provincial Road Board Ordinance 1863. It became the Spreydon Roads Board in 1864. The Spreydon Roads Board in turn became the Spreydon Borough Council, which was established in 1911. The Spreydon Borough Council amalgamated with Christchurch City Council in 1927.