Skip to main content

Town Clerk's Office (1862-1973) (Christchurch City Council)

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1862 - 1973

Biography

The position of Town Clerk was first established in 1862 and was held by G. Gordon. The Town Clerk's Office remained a department of Christchurch City Council until 1973 when it was redesignated into the Department of City Administration.

Citation:
Corporate Management, Chch to reorganise Council structure, Press, Volume CXIII, Issue 33279, 17 July 1973, page 1, Papers Past https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/CHP19730717.2.2?items_per_page=10&page=2&query=Christchurch+City+Council+restructure&snippet=true