Beckenham Bowling Club
- Existence: November 1916 - Present
This club provides and maintains bowling greens and facilities which are available to members and the public. Founded in 1916 by Ernie Chegwin, a Beckenham resident and prominent contractor. The club was originally located at a property in Fisher Avenue, Beckenham. The entrance to the club was later changed to Waimea Terrace, Beckenham, Christchurch. The inaugural open day was held on the 17th December 1917. The Beckenham Bowling Club celebrated its centennial in 2016.
Citation:Chapman, B. (2017). Beckenham Bowling Club. Beckenham Bowling Club.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The records of the Beckenham Bowling Club include minutes along with statements of accounts. Includes two printed booklets - a history 1916-1966 written for the Golden Jubilee and a and a fuller history for the Club's 75th anniversary in 1991.
Also includes reports, correspondence, membership lists, newletters and handbooks for the Club.